*This policy will not be applied to any programs offered at JINGBAO Bilingual Preschool
- Students are requested to pay the full tuition, materials fees and registration fee (where applicable) prior to the start of the program.
- Payments may be made by personal cheque or cash.
- A $25 surcharge will be levied on all N.S.F. cheques.
- Where a student's employer pays course fees, a purchase order is required. If, three weeks after being invoiced, an employer fails to pay the cost, the student shall agree to pay for such costs within one week of notice from the school.
- A FREE placement assessment will be offered to all new students to ensure that
they are placed in the correct level.
- Toronto Mandarin School reserves the right to request that a student repeat a
course if it is deemed necessary.
- If a class is full, you can request to be placed on the waiting list. You will
be contacted as soon as a space is opened up in the original class due to a withdrawal
or a new class is created.
Refund & Cancelation
- Full refund (or credit) will be given to the students if failing to attend the registered classes due to cancellations or changes from the school. No refund for emergency cancellation due to the severe weather condition.
- All refund requests must state the reason and be submitted in writing to the office
two weeks in advance. Refund will be prorated if qualified.
- All refunds will be subject to an administration cost of $50 ($80 for a family of more than two members).
- Refund will NOT be given for occasional absence due to personal reason.
- Students may choose to TEMPERATELY STOP their classes if they have to miss classes
for more than 3 weeks in a row (including three weeks) during the course period.
A prorated refund for the absent period will be given as a credit toward future
courses. No cash value for the refund.
- Classes will be cancelled if enrollment is less than the minimum number required
to run the program and a full refund (including the registration fee) will be issued
- In the event that a planned course is cancelled, TMS will offer registered students
the option of
- transferring to another class or
- a guaranteed full refund
Confirmation for programs
- Once you have registered for a program, you will receive a "Program Confirmation Call "by telephone or by email prior to the start date.
- If a class or program is cancelled due to insufficient number, we will notify participants by at least one week before the first class.
Transfer of session (class)
- A student may transfer classes without any administration fees, conditional upon
availability of space.
- A discussion with the classroom teacher is highly recommend before any transfer.
- For an additional fee per hour, make-up classes are available for students who will have to miss classes, or for whom the teacher thinks it is necessary before starting the next level.
Certificate of Completion
- Students may request a certificate of completion of the registered course upon
successfully completing 80% of required instructional hours.
Family Discount and Referral Policy
- For children programs (excluding full-time JINGBAO Nursery program), if registered for a full year, $ 50 discount will be given to the second and third child of a family and beyond, and a family registration fee of $80 will be charged only.
- $50 Discount will be given to someone who refers new students who has registered for the full year. The referral fee can be used as a credit toward future tuition fee or can be deducted from the tuition fee paid for the current year. No cash value for the referral fee.
General Program Policies
Toronto Mandarin School reserves all rights to:
- Change the time , location or instructor of any program or classes
- Cancel any activity due to insufficient enrollment or instructor availability
- Wait list participants for children programs will be served on the "first-come
and first-serve" basis.