Programs for Children
We love teaching and encourage every child to learn the Chinese language. Toronto
Mandarin School has developed a unique and very effective method and teaching
materials to engage children of all age groups and diverse cultural backgrounds.
We teach Putonghua, Simplified Characters and Pinyin, using the language system
of Mainland China. All our teachers are certified, native-speaking Mandarin teachers
and many of them have training in teaching Chinese as a second language.
We are different:
- We specialize and are expert in teaching Mandarin Chinese language
- The curriculum is adapted to a western context and focused on practical usage
- The staff is well trained and experienced in working with children of diverse
- The learning materials are customized to meet our students's needs
- The teaching method is lively, interactive, and fun
- Each class is small with a maximum of 16 students
- Learning is supported by purposely designed homework and reading program
- Parents are encouraged to be actively involved in their children's learning
- The school is very professionally managed
Which program should I choose for my child?
- If your child is 2-5 yrs old, and you want him/her to achieve full fluency in
Mandarin , go for the full day learning experience at
JINGBAOTM Bilingual Children's Centre
- If you would like to gradually expose your preschooler, 2-5 years old, to Mandarin
then register for Sing Along, Learn Mandarin
- If you would like to expose your baby of 12-30 months, to Mandarin then Parent & Tot is for you
- If your school age child does not speak Mandarin,
Happy Mandarin will be the perfect introduction
- If your school age child does speak Mandarin - Standard
Mandarin will improve it
- If you are a parent who wants to learn Mandarin while your child is learning at
the same time, take "Mandarin for Parents"
- If you would like a teacher to come to your place - Individual Lessons is for you
- If you would like to organize a small group at your home - take the Family program
Whichever program you choose, Toronto Mandarin School is your best choice for learning
My four years old can sing many Chinese songs! It is quite impressive though we
do not understand. We started her at 3 yrs old for the Early Years Learning in Mandarin
program at Toronto Mandarin School and she loves her Chinese teacher from day one.
Children in the class will sing along with movement, listening to stories and making
crafts, it is quite fun. I likes the booklet called "Sing along, learn Mandarin"
children can learn simple phrases and sentences and we can listen to the CD at home
or when we drive. I even picked up some words. Learning Mandarin is definitely a
long-term plan for my daughter.
--- Sara Z, Markham